As most of you know I am in the process of restoring a
1930 Chevrolet Universal AD - Canopy Express , at thisstage I am cleaning up, prepping the chassis/ frame for prime & paint. Looking through the Master Parts List 1929-1930 I noticed they list two (2) Frames for the 1930 Universal. They list a Standard Frame Assembly and then one noted as "Has Reinforced Side Members" What is the difference, physically and visually, how can you tell the difference by looking at them Frames ??
Here are the Part Numbers from the Book:
357499 Frame Assembly
(Pass Cars)359277 Frame Assembly
(Has Reinforced Side Members)(Pass Cars)357547 Frame Assembly
(Road Delivery and 1/2 Ton)359279 Frame Assembly
(Has Reinforced Side Members)(Road Delivery and 1/2 Ton)Here are the Frame Pictures, when I removed the body:
Huckster: Body RemovalSo Do since I am restoring a Canopy Express would the Frame be:
1. (
A)Passenger Car or (
B)Road Delivery and 1/2 Ton
2. (
X)Standard or (
Y)Reinforced