The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (tclederman, 50Chevy3100, dt235sd, Peggy M), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#867255 07/16/2012 9:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
I have loved this color combo from the moment I saw it.
My question is what is the royal blue. I got the DuPont code and had it mixed up and it has a real green hue to it. Does anyone have a truck this color or know anything about this color scheme

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?aid=53&ln=713

Thanks
Jon

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
The dark blue for 1957 trucks was marine blue. I think the same as previous mariner blue. Who knows what was actually used on that auction truck. Royal blue or baltic blue are not factory correct anyway. Check the link for the factory color chips and two tone options for that year of truck.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/


Ed Fallon
In seemlingily endless process of restoring a stock 1953 chev 3100 pickup.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 28
Thanks Ed!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
I do to think that either of the earlier truck Mariner Blues were used in 1957

10419 (1947-1952) and 10984 (1953-1955)

The 1957/58 truck Marine Blue was 11806 (paint option code 708A)

http://1954advance-design.com/Web%20images/1957-58-Chev-Truck-Colors.jpg

The colors on the above sheet are not "true" renditions, due to age, scanning, and PC and html color distortions.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
Looking at the color codes again, I see I was wrong and there is a Royal Blue/ Alpine Blue 2-tone color option for 1957. The truck in the Barrett Jackson photo doesn't look right for those colors though. That truck in the photo looks more like Marine Blue but lighting can play tricks I suppose.

Last edited by Ed's_53; 07/23/2012 2:35 PM.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0