The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#866442 07/12/2012 3:54 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
Having trouble getting wheels to fit my 54 3600 with original tie rods. I have read switching to 1 ton tie rods from Autozone for around $20.00 is an answer. I find the price to be $58.00. What is the application that I ask for? I have found Accuride Wheels #29576 with 4 1/4" backspacing that I think will work with a 1/4" spacer. I found these thru Rickson Wheel
Thanks again
Tony

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 91
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 91
go to search and put in dexstar wheels,lots of info there.It helped me very much to solve my wheel and tire issues.







Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 56
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 56
I have modern tie rod ends on my truck. The drag link uses the same ones, so my truck uses 4 total. The draglink and tie rod are custom made. It does eliminate the problem of backspacing.

If you use 1 ton tie rod ends for 1954, you won't be able to connect them to your tie rod. The 1 ton uses a different tie rod length and thread diameter/pitch.

Your options are: 1) different wheels, 2) spacers, or 3) custom setup like I have.



Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0