| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,373 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 | I am in process of re-capping a 1951 AD radio and was wondering if anyone knows what gauges of wire are used inside the radio and a source for the cloth covered wire. Sometime during the life of the radio someone did some repair and used newer wire and crimp connectors so I figure since I have the radio apart I might as well re-wire it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks dave
1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block) 1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant) | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Mark, thanks for thatb excellent link.I hadn't been to that site before. I didn't know there was someone who could reproduce dial lenses.
Fred | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 575 | Fred,
They JUST started the dial lens service a few months ago. Also, I wanted to use the original wire color as it was specified in the schematics but didn't want to buy reels of 20', so I contacted them and they sold it to me by the foot. Great guys!
Mark | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 | Mark, Thanks for the help. I will definitely check out the two links for the parts I need.
Dave
1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block) 1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant) | | |
| |
| |