The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Barry Martak, NJC, Otto Skorzeny), 86 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,494
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#863724 07/02/2012 4:05 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Does anyone sell used tires-i.e. 7.50-20?
Coker has new ones but the price is outrageous.
Also-can I fit smaller size tires on the split rims; i.e 7.00-20 or 6.00-20?

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
Commercial tires (big truck) are very expensive. I wanted to put 280/70 19.5 on the front of my Class A motor home. I was quoted over $1k each. I put a pair of 9.50/85 16.5s on for less than 1/2 the cost of one 19.5. I suggest you look for an equivalent metric in a passenger of light truck tire, providing your not hauling any real weight. There are enough 20 inch rims out there for light trucks, you should find something.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 477
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 477
I got two new 7.50 x 20 tires with new flaps and tubes mounted,(after I cleaned and primed the inside of the rims after dismounting) from our local equipment tire guy for $450. But make sure the 20" rims you have are the ones with the lock ring on the outside. the ones with the lock ring in the middle are the widow makers. No one will touch them.

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
I have been researching tires since I got my truck in febuary. Was going to go the 19.5 route but as said those tires are very expensive. Spoke to my local tire guy and he did 700&750x20 for a local fire department and was getting tires for $160-$170. Since my truck probably only goes 40-45 mph,I'm not very concerned with using bias ply,and this is what works with my budget.

Last edited by alltruck72; 07/08/2012 8:07 PM.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 477
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 477
Also the 19.5 tires are smaller so if you go that route your Big Bolt will go even slower. Mine tops out about 40 MPH with the 7.50 x 20s

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 91
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 91
I bought 6 new "powerking" 750x20. The cost was about $2000.oo including installation. I had the rims powder coated black for an additional $300.oo. They look pretty good. Pictures are on my site.

Marc

<a href="http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/fletch41/?action=view&curr


http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/fletch41/

1941 Chevy 1.5 Ton, (soon to be flatbed), dubbed the "USS Coral Sea" which I served on while in the military. wink ~m

wink

~fletch

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0