The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (2-Ton, carbking, Guitplayer), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#864288 07/04/2012 6:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 24
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 24
I need reference photo of seat adjuster installed in a 1953 pu. I took mine out and repainted. i dont remenber if they had springs or the long metail wire running across from adjuster to adjuster.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
A have a few pictures of a 1950 seat frame.

I don't know if it's the same as a 1953

...link...

May not show the detail you need

Good luck

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
Y
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Y Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 64
I don't currently have pics but the 53 had a rod running from one side to other. There is a rubber guide that pushes into the middle of the seat frame that hold this rod inline. And keeps it from rattling under the seat while driving.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 24
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 24
I have the same seat adjusters as your photos, but no pully system. the truck originally belong to my dad who bought it in 53' and nothing has been modifid. I cant tell where the rod connects to the adjusters from your photos.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
My bench did not have a rod or center rubber guide when I removed it.

I added 3 photos in that file that I found on the HAMB.

Take a look at the last three photos, that might be your style bench.

Maybe someone else will have a better pic

Good luck


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0