The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Gray_Ghost, Uncles51, Hush, Hawkman, fonz8261), 195 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86079 09/12/2004 9:05 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
O.K. I have a 72 c/k10 pickup. I replaced a non-working gas gauge and it now reads.Thats good except it should read in the 11 to 2 o'clock position to match the gas gauge full to empty marks. Instead, it seems to want to work from the 7 to 11 o'clock position. Do I have to remove the gas gauge needle and adjust it to suit the range of motion?

#86080 09/13/2004 3:34 AM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
Are you sure you have the correct Ohm sender for the tank? Kind of sounds like one of the two units "gauge or sender" are not compatible.


Joe
#86081 09/13/2004 12:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 15
I just bought the truck a couple of months ago and I don't know if the tank sender has been changed. I bought the gauge from Chevy Duty and ordered it for the 72. It only has one wire going to it and I assume it goes to ground through the mounts on the tank.

#86082 09/13/2004 4:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 336
The range of movement sounds good. Needle may have been bent during shipping or installation. I would pull it out again and have a look. On the older gauges (like in my 54) there is a triangular piece at the base of the needle - this can be adjusted relative to the needle to get the guage reading correctly if your needle isn't bent.


Gord
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0