| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | The master cylinder on my truck was new when I bought it . I bled the brakes and the pedal is still spongy. No air in the lines , no leaks & the wheel cylinders & lines are new. Could it be a 1/2 ton master? The only marking I see on it is the number 1. Does that mean 1 " bore? I measured the outside diameter of the housing & it is 1 5/8",if that helps. SEE YA! Mark | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy og55, the stock master cylinder has a 1 1/4" bore the Raybestos p/n for that cylinder is MC21698, and it was used up to 1959. Are you sure your brakes are adjusted up properly? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | Hey 3B, Thanks, I adjusted the brakes before I bled them. I knew the bore should be 1 1/4" that's why I was asking if the 1 meant 1" bore. The rear brake shoes were new and installed by the previous owner and 2 of them were incorrect, that's why I was wondering if the master was wrong as well. SEE YA! MArk | | |
| |
| |