| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,481 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#85831 02/22/2003 8:02 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 48 | On my 53 1/2 ton I just pulled the heater core that came with it and it is a square one about 7x8 inches. I am going to take it to NAPA and get a 12 V fan that will fit the mount strap on the back tomorrow. I have defrost vents in my dash but no ducting or places to hook the ducting to on the heater core, any ideas?
If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will find you have paid for it and don't have it.
| | |
#85832 02/23/2003 1:09 AM | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 146 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 146 | I would make a short duct from sheet metal with two 1.5 inch outlets for the defroster and some other outlets for your feet. Pop rivets or welding would work well.
if it dosen't need fixed, break it
| | |
#85833 02/23/2003 4:17 AM | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 385 | Is this what you're talking about? [img] http://www.chevyduty.com/store/images/68-821.JPG[/img] If you don't mind the ABS plastic replacements, Chevy Duty sells them for $14.95 each. I have a pair of them I don't need (came with the new heater). Email me if you want them cheap.  | | |
#85834 02/23/2003 5:39 AM | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 | ok so I just reread your post. Never mind
Brian Moore 1949 3100 5 window Deluxe "Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow" | | |
#85835 02/24/2003 7:55 PM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 384 | I dont know how you can get the heater core cover, but my delux had no ducts either. I went to Fleet Farm and bought some aluminum duct that was designed for other parts of a new car. They came in a variety of diameters, but only in 18" lengths. flexible expandable ...fit nice.
55 1st Chev.
| | |
#85836 02/25/2003 12:17 AM | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | Zach, I have a complete deluxe heater in the swap meet for sale. It has everything you need except the flexible tubing, and I can send you some pictures if you want.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | |
#85837 02/25/2003 2:07 PM | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 427 | | | |
#85838 02/28/2003 2:59 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 48 | You guys won't believe this but I found a Deluxe heater with defrost in a Junk yard here in town out of a 52 Five Window that some bone head had tryed to chop the top on and ended up ruining the truck. Anyway $40 tax free and no shipping and it was mine. Even has the water controler.
If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will find you have paid for it and don't have it.
| | |
| |
| |