The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nick in Manitou), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 48
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 48
On my 53 1/2 ton I just pulled the heater core that came with it and it is a square one about 7x8 inches. I am going to take it to NAPA and get a 12 V fan that will fit the mount strap on the back tomorrow. I have defrost vents in my dash but no ducting or places to hook the ducting to on the heater core, any ideas?


If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will find you have paid for it and don't have it.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 146
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 146
I would make a short duct from sheet metal with two 1.5 inch outlets for the defroster and some other outlets for your feet. Pop rivets or welding would work well.


if it dosen't need fixed, break it
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 385
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 385
Is this what you're talking about?
[img]http://www.chevyduty.com/store/images/68-821.JPG[/img]
If you don't mind the ABS plastic replacements, Chevy Duty sells them for $14.95 each. I have a pair of them I don't need (came with the new heater). Email me if you want them cheap. smile


1955 First Series GMC 250 1-Ton Panel
In the Gallery
Mr. Hedgehog - Follow the build
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll laugh at you.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
ok so I just reread your post. Never mind


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 384
I dont know how you can get the heater core cover, but my delux had no ducts either. I went to Fleet Farm and bought some aluminum duct that was designed for other parts of a new car. They came in a variety of diameters, but only in 18" lengths. flexible expandable ...fit nice.


55 1st Chev.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Zach,
I have a complete deluxe heater in the swap meet for sale. It has everything you need except the flexible tubing, and I can send you some pictures if you want.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 427
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 427

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 48
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 48
You guys won't believe this but I found a Deluxe heater with defrost in a Junk yard here in town out of a 52 Five Window that some bone head had tryed to chop the top on and ended up ruining the truck. Anyway $40 tax free and no shipping and it was mine. Even has the water controler.


If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will find you have paid for it and don't have it.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0