The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
Ok, some of you may kinda hate me for doing this, but I've decided to ditch my 235 for a 350. I'm now on the lookout for a decent one...but what I'm wondering, is if the current bellhousing will work. Ive heard from some that it will, and some say it wont. My truck is a 1961 half ton Chevy with a 4 speed, with hydraulic clutch, the fork being on the passenger side. Will this original bellhousing bolt up to a 350 or will I have to find something else?

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
The sbc will not bolt to the 235 bell housing. Since you have the hydraulic clutch you will need a 61 or 62 sbc truck bell housing. Unless you want to find the pieces to install a manual clutch.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 331
My old 61 Chevy (the blue one) had a different bellhousing in it with the fork on the drivers side, and whoever did it just re-routed the hydraulic line and made a bracket for the slave cylinder. I may end up doing that...wish I took pictures of that setup now..


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0