| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,396 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 814 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 814 | The manual for my truck says that when you attach the pressure plate to the flywheel, you should align the X on the pressure plate to the X on the flywheel. My problem is I have an X on the pressure plate, but there isn't one on the flywheel. I've looked very carefully and don't see one. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this?
1956 Chevy 3200
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | The X only matters if the pressure plate and flywheel are a factory matched set, as they were balanced together. Just bolt it up, you should be fine.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 814 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 814 |
1956 Chevy 3200
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 38 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 38 | I had the same question on the installation of the torque converter and flywheel on my 54'. What I noticed was there was a painted white dot or stripe on the flywheel which I had dismissed when looking for the "x". As I recall from searching in a late 50's chevrolet shop manual reference is made to this painted mark. Coincidence or not - not sure but I lined them up anyways. Take a look on your flywheel as well... John | | |
| |
| |