The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jon G, Youngin' Tut 59, Lightholder's Dad, Ponchogl, 3 invisible), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,384
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85606 12/31/2004 10:08 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I blew a headlight today, so I'm faced with buying new headlights for the first time and I don't know what to ask for or how to order them!
eek

Help me out, will ya?

Thanks!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#85607 01/03/2005 7:53 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Are you looking for 6 or 12 Volt headlights? You need a 7" round sealed beam, for sure. I recently converted the sealed beam on my motorcycle to a H4 halogen modern bulb with a kit and I love it, it's super bright with a nice beam pattern with a sharp cutoff on the low beam. They make them for cars, too (bike headlights have a differant lens). They cost about $50 but the bulbs for them are about $10 afterwards. Much, much more light than an old fashioned sealed beam for the same wattage. If you don't want to mess with that the regular Sylvania or Wagner sealed beams aren't bad. Get a Halogen or Quartz one. Get the most wattage you can if you have an alternator or 45/55W if you have a generator.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
#85608 01/06/2005 2:23 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, Josiah ... I'm gonna put halogens in.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#85609 01/06/2005 8:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
If you're wanting 12 volt halogen sealed beams the number is H6024. You can buy them just about anywhere, parts store, wally-world, ....


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#85610 01/07/2005 4:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 124
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 124
Are 6V halogens available to fit these Chevys?

#85611 01/07/2005 8:01 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
American Classic lists them, which tells me you should be able to get them through your local parts store.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#85612 01/07/2005 2:26 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Fred,

What is the part number for the American Classic Truck Parts 6v halogen headlight? I can find only one 6v headlight listed but it does not say that it is halogen.

Thanks,
Tim

#85613 01/10/2005 4:04 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I installed a pair of the H6024 halogens yesterday.

WOW!
grin
What a difference!

Thanks, all.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
#85614 01/11/2005 7:26 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
I like the Hella-made H4 housings. When I get to headlights for the '54, that's what I'm going to use. Expensive, but I love the light pattern.


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0