The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Shade Baby, cmayna, Gray_Ghost), 107 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
My valve cover was originally blue with yellow lettering.

<Before>

Now I've painted the whole thing dark grey and was debating repainting the Chevrolet script back to yellow. But I can't find any photos showing this color config - but I have seen a few where the cover was all dark grey.

<After>

Anyone know what Chevy originally did?

I have the Thriftmaster 235 sticker that goes on the side and was tempted to paint the lettering the same yellow.

Mark

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
I'll probably get an arguement on this, but Chevy never painted the script from the factory. Not even on early V8s, although I know many are painted now.


Drew
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
agree with Drew - I don't think embossed lettering was painted, and I doubt that blue was "original" either for a truck [car maybe?] .... although ya never know about those crazy Canadians grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

I agree with Drew & Bill, especially regarding crazy Canadians.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
LOL!

It is a 235 out of a car.

Ok - the lettering stays grey, makes my job easier.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,456
What's it goin' in 'eh?
Originally Posted by Bigtonka
LOL!

It is a 235 out of a car.

Ok - the lettering stays grey, makes my job easier.


BC
1960 Chevy C10 driver 261 T5 4.10 dana 44 power loc
1949 GMC 250 project in waiting
1960 C60 pasture art
Retired GM dealer tech. 1980 - 2022
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
The 58 235 I had was blue - nice paint job - with the Chevrolet scrip red. It looked like nail polish.

With the raised water pump I'm guessing an AD truck. A 216 valve cover with acorn nuts would help pull-off the look.

Bigtonka: Great pictorial documentation of your engine rebuild. Good work! That grey looks great. Good luck.


Professional Novice
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
Thanks Frank - appreciate the feedback - if it runs 1/2 as good as it looks, I'll be happy! (no - of course I won't! It better run well!)


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0