The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy), 67 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#820873 01/29/2012 7:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
I saw a listing for a GMC 9 foot bed that I'm very interested in, but I know there are differences between makes. Does anyone know if that applies to the truck beds as well? I have a Chevy 3800 and hoping this will solve my absent truck bed problem.


Dave Baird
1951 Chevy 3803

Foot starters are for Stovebolters and people who need a kick in the ...
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I have never noticed a difference in the beds only the tailgate.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
The only major diffence that I know of is that GMC had metal bed floor and Chevy had a wood floor.
That was on the 41-46's Im not sure on the later years.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
i just bought a 9' 2" long bed off a 1949 GMC one ton that was a Saskatchewan grain truck with a hydraulic tilting p/u box with regular rear fenders. I plan on putting it all onto my 47 Studebaker one ton flat deck so that I'll end up with a wide rear ended 40's dually pick up. i will have to extend the fenders outward in order to clear both wheels/tires.

ode to be differrent!


1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd
1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop
1959 B130 International one ton dually
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Originally Posted by JeffL
The only major diffence that I know of is that GMC had metal bed floor and Chevy had a wood floor.
That was on the 41-46's Im not sure on the later years.

You're right on this, but the canadian made 41-46 GMC's also had the wood floor, and did not have GMC on the tailgate.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0