| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,392 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | BUt I guess I can still be part of the "The Stovebolt Volunteer Fire Department" with my 1965 GMC 3505 Rescue Vehicle. This truck is really cool and I have not even seen it in person yet. I want to tint the back windows and make it so a person that has lived in the sleeper of a semi could live in the back of this truck while on the road. and its already got what I'm told is a "Big [censored] Genarator" onboard, I'll bet if it was needed to run all those flood lights! and from what I can tell it still has all the radio equipment in it too. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Jolly, great score. I had my eyes on that one too. I thought the price was decent judging but the condition shown in the pictures. Kind of unique too. How are you getting it home? I had the same thoughts of being able to take it to shows and making it able to double a sleeping quarters.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | I got a guy in Main that has loads from Thoikol out here to haul back east and he was looking for some thing to bring this way, so he cutting me a deal on moving it, but it may still be 4 weeks tell if gets here.
The back will make for a good camping rig at shows or just on the road, and there will be planty of storage in all those outside compartments. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | I finally got a pic of the onboard generator, it's a Onan Electric Plant I'm not sure of the size, but I'll know once it gets home. While poking around online the other day I found three Old Photos with my Truck in the backgound. just click on that link back there <~~~~ for the first one. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | My Truck is Now Enroute To Utah!!! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 268 | OK So While I'm waiting for parts to get the alt fixed, which will be next week sometime, i figured I mite as well check out the Onan Electric Plant. I checked the oil and found it overflowing with Fuel, so I changed the oil. I got a scocket out to turn it over with the crank bolt to make sure it was free, and it is. Next I hooked it up to the Rhino for a jump but it would just click, its battery is stone dead, so I made a pull rope and gave it a tug. It started right up on the frist pull. 3 of the 4 flood lights came, so all the swicthes were left on. Now I have one of those flood lights to fix. ~~~> Here is a Poor Quailty Video <~~~ | | |
| |
| |