The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85214 05/17/2004 2:11 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1
Hi all
I recently joined Stovebolt-great site.I have a 66 Fleetside and recently had finished most of the work on drive train.Made some upgrades and upon starting and idling foe about 10 minutes,the wiring under the dash starting smoking and melted.Now I need to download a pic of a wiring diagram so I can start over with new wiring.Is there a site where I can download that diagram?
Thanks
Bob in Wyoming

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
I happen to have this schematic as a gif file, that I made to get all greasy in the garage.

See if you can download

http://user.cavenet.com/jgurley/chevy.gif

I can provide a higher quality version if you want.

Better use email ([email protected]).


The money I save as a mechanic, I spend on medical bills!
#85216 05/19/2004 12:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
http://www.60-66chevytrucks.com

Tips,tricks & technical stuff

Wiring Diagrams

-----

http://www.6066gmctrucks.org

Lighting and Electrical - good tips - projects in there.

------

Also, a '66 shop manual which you can buy from most of the parts vendors.

45+ parts vendors :

http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/autolinks/trucks/ctgparts.html

-W

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Hello Bob Byrnes and welcome. I'm assuming that if you don't have a wiring diagram that you probably don't have a shop manual either. Check ebay for the '63 Shop Manual and the '66 supplement. They're on there all the time and come in handy. Most of the time people are trying to get around $40 bucks for the '63 man. but, if you're not in a hurry, hold out for the right price. I got one in great condition for $10. Good luck with your smokin' wires. Lord knows I had fun with mine! -David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0