The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny), 175 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 244
I have a 1953 GMC and the ignition switch is just an on-off keyed switch. The back of the switch has the following letters B, I, A what do these stand for? Is it as simple as B-battery, I-ignition, and A-accessory. I appreciate any help as I was going to tap into the fuse block but the brake fuse is always hot and the tail light is only on with the headlight switch.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 259
Yes the B is for Battery, (I) ignition and (A) accessory. You can test the switch just to be sure by connecting a full time power supply to the (B) terminal on the key and they turning the switch to the on position which should give you current to the (I) terminal. Turn the switch to the accessory position will give you current to the (A) terminal and nothing to the (I) terminal.

The brake fuse is full time battery supplied current so it will be hot all the time.


Joe

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0