The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85152 03/07/2002 11:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4
Okay, I changed to the brighter brakelight bulbs, installed turn signals and converted the front parking lights to double duty. Now I need a back-up light for my wife's '50 3100 so we don't back into a ditch or a tractor up here in the country. Any recommendations?

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 504
5
Member
Member
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 504
I know this is probably not what you have in mind. My front spotlight, when turned to the rear, makes a great back-up light..


Bill M
53 GMC Hydra-Matic

Home Page
http://home.comcast.net/~bd97/index.html

When you argue with a fool, two fools are arguing..
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
A lot of farmers used to mount a tractor headlight on the rear bumper and wire to a switch in the cab.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
53 4 me,
I love your idea, since I just installed my spot light cool


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 114
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 114
I'm planning to use a 50's car backup light on the rear splash pan with a switch under the dash. (I have the light all restored, just need to find a switch.) I don't think I'll see much with the Burb windows way up high though... eek


Jim

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0