| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
182
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 57 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 57 | Is it a big job replacing these springs or should I leave well enough alone? I thought since I have the door panels off for a repaint I would tackle the job. Again, those big clutch heads are starring at me and it looks like there is a lot of paint over them. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I personally haven't done it but will be soon. Mine's a GMC so I don't have to worry about the clutch head, but once you get the door handles off it looks fairly simple to remove and replace the springs. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | It's not hard to replace the spring. Pretty straight forward
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | Easy to replace, and it will look SOOOOOO much better. Those droopy door handles look like a limp....well, you know. 
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | |
| |
| |