The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wooley, 59 fleet), 70 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,488
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
I've been trying to get a non-operable 54 Suburban shipped but have yet to find a carrier to transport it. I get the impression that they think that it is much larger and heavier than it really is. I know it is 16.5 feet long and the manual says the shipping weight is 3640 lbs. That seems light to me. Am I missing something or should I have the broker update the listing to reflect this weight?

FYI, the Truck is in L.A. and I want it shipped to Wash D.C.: Any suggestions?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

The shipping and curb weights are on this page:
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/54064.htm

The curb weight (3770 lbs) is the weight with fluids (gasoline?).

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
Tell them its a station wagon. Theyll be able to relate better to that.
When i bought my Suburban in Colorado and had it shipped to Calif. it was registered as a station wagon,,Calif. DMV didnt see it that way.
Dependable Auto Shippers.com

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Russ,
Try calling this guy. Dana Thomosa 402-613-0514. He transported my 1946 Suburban from Minnesota to Ohio for a reasonable price. He was very helpful for me. Good luck.

Russ Sweet

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 48
Thanks Guys, I finally got it shipped and should be here anytime. $1255 from coast to coast.

Last edited by Russ_B_10; 05/24/2012 12:54 AM.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0