| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,257 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#84927 06/09/2004 12:48 AM | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 33 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 33 | Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm sure someone will let me know the answer to my question anyways.I have a '39 1 1/2ton and want to replace the sealed beams with the old lenses and reflector setup.but have had a hard time finding out which years will interchange.can somebody help me out on this one? | | |
#84928 06/17/2004 2:19 AM | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 38 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 38 | Greg, I hav a 39 GMC p/u and I believe the sealed beams came out in 1940 and the headlight buckets are different because the sealed beam does not need a reflector. Your Truck should be series VA thru VD. P/N for the buckets are R 919476, L 919475 P/N for refector is 919596 (7-1/4 inch OD with parking lamp) P/N for Lens is 919787 (7-9/16 inch TILTRAY) P/N for Moulding is 921514 The cork seal is 1/4 x 1/4 x 28 inch. The cork seal can be obtained from McMasters supply, and the spring clips are available from Jim Carter. Hope that helped. Jim
Jim
| | |
#84929 07/05/2004 9:06 PM | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 33 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 33 | Jim, Thanks for the info, I knew about the 40's going to sealed beam but the rest is all news to me.Thanks again now I can start the search.... Greg | | |
| |
| |