The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,430
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#846589 04/25/2012 10:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
I need some help picking the best carb for my 51'GMC that has a 62' chevy 235 insalled in it. I want to keep the manual choke and throttle.I'am taking a rochester "2 jet" off and it can't be rebuilt.It's not the original carb and was just plumbed to work by who ever put the 235 in it. Also, can any one steer me to some pic's on differant ways to hook up the linkage.The truck has had 10 fathers before me and they all had their own ideas and none of them good. Thanks!

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I recently replaced the Rochester B on my '53 235 with a Carter YF2100S Carb. Absolutely the best thing I ever did for this engine fuel/carburetor wise. It has a manual choke, and is set up for the clamp on air filter.

Kurt

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 95
Where did you find it?

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
Jimmy,

I found one on Ebay. It had been sitting in a barn for years. Took some effort to get it apart and rebuilt. Wasn't cheap either. Seems to be considerable demand for this carb.

I have to say though, that it was well worth the time, expense and effort. My gas mileage went from about 13-14 with the Rochester to about 18 with the Carter, and the acceleration is oh so smooth.

Kurt


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0