The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (GDW, Gdads51, Shade Baby, Shaffer's1950, 3B, 1 invisible), 143 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,459
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#845139 04/20/2012 2:33 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
I am getting ready to order new truck bed sides for my 1950 3600. I do have the original sides but they have a good amount of rust where the bed meets the sides. Mine is a long bed too.

Does anyone have any experience with the new metal from most vendors.. I know it comes E-Coated too so it's basically ready for primer and paint.

I've seen them for about $425 each. I could easily spend that to fix my original sides.... or more...

If anyone can let me know what your experience was along with a few pics?

Thank you.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 171
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 171
Got a front bed panel for a 54 from Classicparts fit perfect, no problems


....David
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
Mar-K is who I used. I originally only got a few parts but eventually gave up on my bedsides and ordered them recently. My truck is almost done and I have dealt with just about every common vendor and several less common. Mar-K simply has the best quality parts of anyone I have dealt with. Even their shipping packaging is exceptional. And they make their own parts right in Oklahoma.

Chuck

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
I would recommend ordering the whole bed as a kit from MAR-K so you can get free shipping & 10% off spring special if there still having it. I bought my complete bed for my 1953 thru them & for everything was right around $1600. I upgraded everything to stainless & had pine wood, smooth tailgate, stainless chains.
You won't be disappointed. I figured by the time I had all the labor & material cost to repair the old ones & still have wavey sides the cost for new was way worth it. Yes made in USA!!!


"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
1953 Chevrolet 1/2-ton 3100 4x4
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
More images in Flickr
1948 GMC 1-Ton (now sold to someone in Hawaii!)
In the Gallery
More photo in Flickr
1953 Chevy 1-Ton
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
Ditto on Mar-k. All there parts made in USA, are high quality, exceptionally packed w/instructions, great fit and a sponsor here. If you can catch the free shipping, it's even a better deal.
Dan

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
And a techie on the Bolt here.

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have a set of great fenders and a brand new front panel AND a new bed floor lit (wood, cross members, stainless steel strips, etc.... I am only missing the sides and a tailgate.

I'll go with Mar-K.

thank you so much.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have a set of great fenders and a brand new front panel AND a new bed floor lit (wood, cross members, stainless steel strips, etc.... I am only missing the sides and a tailgate.

I just placed my order for new sides and tailgate. I did not realize they are galvanized? I hope they finish well with not much needed at the body shop.

Thank you for the recommendation.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 76
I'm happy to here all the positve things about Mar-k, I just ordered new wood floor, strips and front panel thru them.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
You guys will be very happy with quality of the products. Enjoy


"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
1953 Chevrolet 1/2-ton 3100 4x4
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
More images in Flickr
1948 GMC 1-Ton (now sold to someone in Hawaii!)
In the Gallery
More photo in Flickr
1953 Chevy 1-Ton
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
Originally Posted by DMGfifty
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have a set of great fenders and a brand new front panel AND a new bed floor lit (wood, cross members, stainless steel strips, etc.... I am only missing the sides and a tailgate.

I just placed my order for new sides and tailgate. I did not realize they are galvanized? I hope they finish well with not much needed at the body shop.

Thank you for the recommendation.


Not Galvanized

There steel but coated so they don't surface rust. You'll have to clean the coating off before priming & paint.




"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
1953 Chevrolet 1/2-ton 3100 4x4
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
More images in Flickr
1948 GMC 1-Ton (now sold to someone in Hawaii!)
In the Gallery
More photo in Flickr
1953 Chevy 1-Ton

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0