| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,277 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | Continuing the process for my 57, I've made good progress on making the under-trans crossmember removable. I'm recording the project on my website . Comments are welcome. regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Nice layout of everything. Do you have to cut out solid ushaped channell to fill in the pie cuts? As you guessed, I'm not a welder. 
Drew
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | If you'd see my work, you wouldn't call me a welder, either. My plan is to fill the slots on the bottom with strips of metal. I think I'll be able to weld the remaining holes closed with just welding wire.
regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | I had a pretty productive day in the shop today. I got the new center section of the crossmember welded up at the ends. Pics on the website. regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 51 | I use the air cutter to grind welds it is faster for me & I can see whats going on better. The thing about welds is the worse they look the better they hold. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | Another productive day in the shop on Sunday. The crossmember is finished and ready for test fit and paint. Website updated. regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Nice and I see as you stated earlier that you were able to just close up the gaps with weld bead. Impressive work.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 55 | "...that I'm not a very good welder, but I am a pretty relentless grinder"
Now that's funny. I'm in that club also. | | |
| |
| |