The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, JW51, ronsway), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 91
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 91
Hello all. I'm moving on to the brakes on my 46 Chevy 2-ton grain truck project and am wondering what my options are for upgrading the master cylinder? The original is pretty much shot and I'd really like to upgrade to a more modern twin-line brake system vs. the original single line that goes to the hydro-vac. I do plan on keeping the stock drums though. I have no problem at all losing the hydro-vac all together and using a more modern brake-booster, but I want the firewall to remain clean, so the booster and MC has to remain under the floor. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Dieseldude03; 04/03/2012 2:57 PM.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=708681&page=1

I'll have all this figured out in the next week or two. Should be some pictures of the dual circuit vacuum boosted master in that thread somewhere! Not sure how it would work with drums on the front. I believe if anything it would be to much and you could restrict it pretty easy!


Randy Domeck
Indianapolis Fabrications
[email protected]
Indianapolis, In. 46254
317-258-0039


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0