The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, PaulH, Southerntruck, 1955 1 Series, Jman, cmayna), 101 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,097
Posts1,056,494
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
The upper A-Arm Shaft on my '62 C-10 won't take any grease. I undid the grease zerk and it's clear - I can pump grease through it, no problem, but when I screw it back onto the end of the shaft, I can't get any grease in. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks guys!!

Glen

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
X2 on the penetrating oil. Try greasing with the truck in the air with no load on the suspension. Sometimes that position will allow the joint to take grease. After all that you can try a KD Tools 416 Ramo-Matic Zerk Fitting Tool. I have used them with success on stubborn fittings.

SimS

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 73
Thanks guys. Tried everything - no luck. However, on further inspection the front end of the shaft has the grease zerk broken off and the threads for it are toast. Given it's probably been dry for some time, I thought it might be worth replacing the whole thing.

Can anyone tell me, do I need any special tools for this?


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0