1941 gmc 248 since I serviced the gas tank, removed and drained and new guage float gasket and tank mounts foam.. I had to turn the carb throttle plate to raise the idle or it keeps stalling... since the winter head rebuild,,, it was running the best ever... it never ran so low rpms so well....NOW !! it keeps stalling and I had to raise the carb plate... I played with the idle screw that didnt help much,,, so I set that back,,, and turned the carb butterfly to give more fuel/air to keep it going.... it runs fine like that...its turning to fast for my taste just to let it run .. the tank was clean no rust,,, but it dried out in the shop at 80 degree's, for two weeks,,, that might of let rust build up // cause junk into the carb..... outside of that it runs fine,,, so you think this is a fuel/carb issue... I did rebuild the head, new plugs , new coil, and it seemed to be perfect.. but it had less than 100 miles. now since the gas tank service it stalls..


I like fixing stuff.