The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (John Dlugos, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Oswald, 216wny, 1 invisible), 168 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#833376 03/08/2012 4:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
My wife bought me a Craftsmen cordless power tool kit for Christmas of 2010. It came with a flashlight, circular saw, sawzall, and drill. To say the least, I've been very dissatisfied. #1 The batteries don't last at ALL. Maybe 20 minutes of use and they're done. #2 The sawzall only works good when the battery is right out of the charger. #3 Mine drill just broke. I haven' even used it that much, let alone use it really hard. I went to drive a screw in and nothing but the sound of grinding gears.

I'm an electrician by trade. At work we mostly use Dewalt and Milwaukee. I've never seen this happen to them. You can use a Dewalt drill just about all day on a charge! As far as the tools breaking, not likely. Maybe if I dropped it off a 60 ft. JLG! I've dropped them off a 30 footer and they survived.

Needless to say, the Craftsmen C3's are JUNK!


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
I'm and electrician as well and I have use and abuse my 18v Millwaukee hammer drill. It's almost 10 years old and I've replaced the batteries one time. This drill runs circles around the Harry Homeowner stuff.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I don't use my personal tools on the job site, so Sears has always seemed to be just fine for my at home jobs. I like the new Milwaukee's with the Lith-ion battery packs. They are tough as nails and light weight. I've never had any trouble with the Dewalts either. It's too bad I just bought a couple more battery packs, since I'm not planning on using the Carftsmen drills anymore. Oh well, I guess I'll have plenty of batteries for my sawzall and circ saw.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
DeWalt and Black & Decker sell cordless tools at HD and such places at a low price. I wonder if they are cheaper made.
I have a Hitachi 18V drill and love it but the batteries are gone. New ones cost more than I paid for the drill. One fellow at HD suggested I buy one of those cheap drills and pull the batteries out of the pack and put them in the Hitachi battery pack. I took my pack apart and saw the batteries and there are a gang of them all about the size of a "D" battery. Wonder if that would work.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Do a Google search, there is a company that rebuilds dead battery packs.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 40
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 40
I have used porter cable products for many years and have seen them get a little cheaper made as well as less expensive. To me they still provide a reasonable product.

Karl


Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0