The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jon G), 136 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Good afternoon. I am restoring a 55 Chevy Series 2 pickup and I'm down to the frame and want to sell the engine and 3 speed tranny, but I have no idea what to ask for it.
It was sitting for about 8 years, but just before I started the restoration 6 months ago, I had it running.
I believe the asking price would probably vary, based on what part of the country you live in. I'm in Oregon.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by BuddyTruck; 03/05/2012 12:44 AM.

Chris
"I'm sure those leftover parts aren't needed"
55 Chevy Series 2 pickup, "Buddy"
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 239
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 239
You said the engine was running. The engine should be worth $300 to $500, maybe more to the right buyer. It is important to determine the engine. You know that the stock six cylinder engine '55 chevy was a 235. Maybe you have a 235 engine. Post pictures of the engine. Do a search on 250 engines and 235 engines and confirm the engine.

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
Yes, it's a 250. My dad had it put in the truck. Here's photos of it.

Craigslist


Chris
"I'm sure those leftover parts aren't needed"
55 Chevy Series 2 pickup, "Buddy"
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 181
Make sure you get one 250 that isn't one with the head and manifold all rolled into a combined unit. Those are difficult to do much intake or exhaust work with and breathing is an important factor.
Normbc9

Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 23
I'm actually getting rid of the 250. I want to put a 350 in instead.


Chris
"I'm sure those leftover parts aren't needed"
55 Chevy Series 2 pickup, "Buddy"
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 149
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 149
this is not what you want hear,i paid 40.00 dollars for the one i am using in my 54.i also bought a 292 for 150 it,s also runner.have a good day.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0