| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Opelika Tom, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 134 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2009 Posts: 134 | have any of you sealed the two floor board holes under the gas tank... I was thinking of placing a 1/2 thick foam circle that would seal the floor / gas tank...which would stop the air from flowing from under the truck to the under seat area... was this left this way to vent out gas fumes.. but there are dangers from engine fumes coming up.. and a well sealed tank won't off gas. but from the cap.. pro's or con's please help
I like fixing stuff.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | foam won't really seal out 'fumes', either direction - I'd expect the GM engineers thought things out pretty well and had their reasons for the holes, like prevention of explosion in a closed space from a not well sealed tank? I'd go with the designers choice  Bill | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 49 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 49 | When I ordered a new gas tank & valve from JC I got a foam circle with my order. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Nice to have a vent there, sorta prevents fumes from building in that area | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | My new tank (from JC) fits so tightly, the holes are just about sealed anyway! Also, I had to cut two additional holes to clear the plugs/bungs on the driver side of the tank so the seat will fit. (pic in my photobucket page) But, it works great!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | |
| |
| |