The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, TexasJim50, MickeyP, MRMEROTH11), 117 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,383
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82931 09/18/2007 4:47 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
Can anyone tell me what the differences are between a Stromberg BXOV-2 14-22 and a Stromberg BXOV-25 14-23? The only info I can find is the 14-25 has an electric choke (are these good?) but cannot find anything on whether the jets are the same.
Thanks,
Bob


1950 Chevrolet 1300
#82932 09/19/2007 2:25 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
Still trying to find info on the jets. The more important question is if the electric choke will be a problem on a dual carb setup on my 261?
Also, do the Stromberg BXOV electric chokes work well?
Thanks again for the help, slowly I am learning more about these old trucks.
Bob


1950 Chevrolet 1300
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2
Hey Bob
Did you ever get an answer to your question?
I am considering the exact same thing except I want to put it on a GMC 228 with Hydra-matic

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
the weber carbs Tom Langdon sells have electric chokes, he said they will work on 6 or 12 volts, and should work fine on a dual set up. I realize they are different carburetors, but I am not sure the electrical part knows that.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
I am using dual Carter-Weber electric choke carburetors on a 6v 261. The electric chokes (and the carburetors) work flawlessly (except for the two carburetors being too small for a 261.

It would be nice to hear from Stromberg BXOV electric choke users regarding the BXOV's electric choke.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
C
Carburetion specialist
Carburetion specialist
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
Stromberg 14-22 and 14-23 have a different calibration.

And I would not want to mix them on a dual carb application (see lines 2 and 3 in my signature).

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2
Too bad...
I have one of each 14-22 and 14-23 and a few misc Stromberg 1 barrels.
It sounds like getting the 14-23 to match the 14-22 would be more complicated than just putting in a different jet or power.valve
My 53 GMC has the original Hydra-matic and I kind of wanted to keep the electric choke. I guess I'll keep looking for a second 14-23
Thanks for the help


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0