The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
With the help of searching out previous posts on installing door hinge springs, I believe I have them installed correctly.
hinge photo

Now how do I get get them to go into the pillar pocket? I think they have to be in the open position, but with the springs installed I can't put enough force on the springs to get it open. What's the trick?

I think I'll call it a night and try again in the morning?


Dave
www.fallenherosdreamride.org
all give some
MY SON GAVE ALL

The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216
In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 289
You do have the springs installed correctly and you are also correct that they have to be in the open position in order to slip into the hinge pocket. I mounted the part of the hinge that doesn't show (the very back strap part)in a vice and it opened up easily. It is then a tight fit, but it should go in fine.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
Huck,

Thanks. I had had it in the vice. You inspired me to just get more leverage and put more pressure on it. Hinges are now in place.


Dave
www.fallenherosdreamride.org
all give some
MY SON GAVE ALL

The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216
In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0