| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Phak1, Joe H, Youngin' Tut 59, Greg_H, carbking, Wayne67vert),
99
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 144 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 144 | With the help of searching out previous posts on installing door hinge springs, I believe I have them installed correctly. hinge photo Now how do I get get them to go into the pillar pocket? I think they have to be in the open position, but with the springs installed I can't put enough force on the springs to get it open. What's the trick? I think I'll call it a night and try again in the morning?
Dave www.fallenherosdreamride.orgall give some MY SON GAVE ALL The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216 In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | You do have the springs installed correctly and you are also correct that they have to be in the open position in order to slip into the hinge pocket. I mounted the part of the hinge that doesn't show (the very back strap part)in a vice and it opened up easily. It is then a tight fit, but it should go in fine. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 144 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 144 | Huck,
Thanks. I had had it in the vice. You inspired me to just get more leverage and put more pressure on it. Hinges are now in place.
Dave www.fallenherosdreamride.orgall give some MY SON GAVE ALL The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216 In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan
| | |
| |
| |