| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#82622 09/07/2007 3:30 AM | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | HI All, "IF" one were to replace a bum transmission in a 235/55 1st 3100 truck and they wanted a floor shift which number Saganaw would one be looking for... a direct replacement of course... three speed or four and how much should one pay for said item? T/C Steve :whistle: | | |
#82623 09/07/2007 3:52 AM | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Patrick dykes suggests the 3.11 first gear Saginaw, identified with 2 grooves on the input splines. Shouldn't be much more than about $100.
Bill Burmeister | | |
#82624 09/07/2007 5:03 PM | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,154 | Bill...would there be any other stamp or description on the case as I would be looking for one through ebay and really don't know what I'm looking for or what to ask for....Thanks for the help and T/C Steve | | |
#82625 09/08/2007 2:03 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 145 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 145 | The 4 speeds that came in vegas, sunbirds, starfires amd monzas from 73 on were saginaws with 3.11 low gear. I bet ther5e are a ton of them out there still. mv | | |
#82626 09/09/2007 8:27 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 41 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 41 | Hi Who me, I have a saginaw 4 speed and the Patrick's shifter I never used. I was going to use it in my 46 1/2 ton. I have decided to go with a t-5. It is an easier swap for my truck. Any way I would be willing to sell the saginaw cheap. It is the 3:11 1st gear just what you are looking for. | | |
#82627 09/10/2007 8:41 AM | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | got one in SF. at least I think I do. I know it is a 4 speed side shifter. I don't have the hurst type linkage. | | |
| |
| |