The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dt235sd, Rich'sToys, wilbur53, Stovebolt48), 173 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
HI All,
"IF" one were to replace a bum transmission in a 235/55 1st 3100 truck and they wanted a floor shift which number Saganaw would one be looking for... a direct replacement of course... three speed or four and how much should one pay for said item? T/C Steve :whistle:

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Patrick dykes suggests the 3.11 first gear Saginaw, identified with 2 grooves on the input splines. Shouldn't be much more than about $100.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,154
Bill...would there be any other stamp or description on the case as I would be looking for one through ebay and really don't know what I'm looking for or what to ask for....Thanks for the help and T/C Steve

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 145
The 4 speeds that came in vegas, sunbirds, starfires amd monzas from 73 on were saginaws with 3.11 low gear. I bet ther5e are a ton of them out there still.
mv


46 Chev One Ton Panel - S10 Frame Project

"What if the Hokey-Pokey is REALLY what it's all about?" - J. Buffet
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 41
Hi Who me,
I have a saginaw 4 speed and the Patrick's shifter I never used. I was going to use it in my 46 1/2 ton. I have decided to go with a t-5. It is an easier swap for my truck. Any way I would be willing to sell the saginaw cheap. It is the 3:11 1st gear just what you are looking for.

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
got one in SF. at least I think I do. I know it is a 4 speed side shifter. I don't have the hurst type linkage.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0