The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (WICruiser, Gray_Ghost, Bill Hanlon, Nick in Manitou), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#822624 02/03/2012 10:23 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Where would be a good place to get all I need to rebuild my 3 speed for my '54 1/2 ton.
What do I ask for or what part number will I need?
John

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy 54John3100, in the parts link section at the top of this page is a company named Drivetrain.com, I just checked their website, they list a bearing kit their p/n DTSBK131A $78.98 usd. The website said, call for other parts like syncros and hard parts, hope that helps.

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Thanks Bobb,
John

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Hi,John,the bearings can be bought at any FLAPS,thats where I got mine two years ago when I rebuilt my 3 speed on my 52-3100 they are standard bearings,just match the # on the bearing.Now the syncros are a differant story,I happen to be in Kansas city at Jim Carters shop and found a sycro drum brand new on the trans part shelf just lucky.Do a search and you can find them,there are two differant ones the only differance is one has two "I call them teeth" on the front of the drum and one has four all you have to do is if your trans need the two tooth one is grind two teeth off to match yours,thats what I had to do.Also you can go to a local trans shop and get what ever parts you will need the one down the street from me said he would order what ever I needed. I just got lucky at JC.

Pete

Last edited by Pete52; 02/04/2012 11:02 PM.
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 305
Found a couple of different bearing kits with the gaskets, on ebay.
Once I knew what I was looking for, it made it easier to track down.
John


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0