The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
I was assembling the rocker assemblies tonight when i realized the shafts were not as nice as i thought they were. they were worn in the top of the shafts where they are held by the rocker towers.
Not good....
5 of the 6 are cracked...

I am so frustrated right now I could spit..

Jeremy


1950 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Long Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Sold all the bikes, leaving California behind.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Chev sold replacement supports that had a slice through one side so the shaft would be pinched, this prevented the shaft from rocking. PIC
Here is what I make with a sawzall. PIC
I put one pinch support on each shaft.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 235
Thanks Dave!
I like that idea. I need to find 5 of them and I'll do just that.
and a couple rocker shafts....

I was thinking about making some but what a time suck that would be....

Jeremy


1950 Chevy 3800 1-Ton Long Bed
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr

Sold all the bikes, leaving California behind.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0