The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, TUTS 59, Gdads51, TooMany2count, 2 invisible), 74 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,348
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8189 06/14/2004 4:08 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
Is it true that there is some sort of adjustment on the oil pan squirt nozzles? I have a 1950 and may have to replace the oil pan. When I do, I have heard that the nozzles will need to be adjusted. If so, does anyone know how to do it?

#8190 06/14/2004 12:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
When you get your replacement pan, if you are using your old pumbing, the whole assemble comes out via some clips and bolts. What most people do is force water through the feed pipe and see how they are aimed. I did this but I didn't adjust them at all.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#8191 06/14/2004 12:36 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
I'm not too worried about the dippers since the motor was rebuilt several years ago and I assume the dippers were taken care of. I just have to replace the oil pan since the drain hole is messed up. I figured I only need to make sure the nozzles are aligned and the dippers should be OK.

#8192 06/14/2004 1:01 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
Chevs of The 40's rents the tool. I rented it a couple of years ago. $400 deposit plus $35 to rent the alignment tool. Also had the dipper height gage and the little nozzle bending tool. They were genuine old Kent-Moore tools and worked great. My nozzles were real close and if I remember right I only just slightly tweaked one. After spending a couple grand to rebuild, the tool was well worth the expense for peace of mind.

www.chevsofthe40s.com

#8193 06/14/2004 10:18 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
OK guys. I checked with chevy's of the 40s and they don't have the tools. Plus they aren't local to me anyway. I checked a couple local machine shops in the Kansas City area that have rebuilt these engines and they didn't even know they were adjustable. They both said they have never adjusted them. So far I'm striking out as far as getting them adjusted. I'm tempted to repair my old pan and just assume it's adjusted correctly. I even contacted Jim Carter and he didn't know where to tell me to go. Any more ideas?

#8194 06/15/2004 8:08 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
Do I have this correct the drain plug threads are messed up so you are looking for a new pan? If that is the case then take the pan off and have someone weld a nut on to the bottom of the pan. Just make sure the nut has the same threads as your drain plug. Or weld a piece of 1/4" plate steel drill and tap a new hole.

Good luck


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
#8195 06/15/2004 8:41 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
You can get a special plug that may take care of the messed up threads on the drain-plug hole. OR you can get a drain-plug kit to install one like one would use for an automatic transmission. Other kits to remedy the problem may also be available. smile


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
#8196 06/16/2004 3:27 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 105
I'm having a guy cut out the bad part and weld in a new area and tap a new hole. This should solve my problem with needing a pan. I still don't know if I really need to adjust the nozzles in the pan.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0