The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gdads51, 68ironhead), 174 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,251
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#817784 01/19/2012 4:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
Just removed bed as a whole. This truck is just up from AZ. WOW the frame below is like new I am so amazed at how clean it is. Just a dusting off and I will be ready to paint the frame. I will take picts and assoon as I figure the photo issues out I will post my progress. My real question is with the cab removal, it looks to me I can remove complete with front clip intact and lift off. I am taking to blasters to get three coats of paint off. Has any one removed cab this way? I can support it where it needs and build skid type frame to make it easy. THANKS

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
Did you ship the truck or drive it back?


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 23
Shipped it up. I was lucky enough to have a good freind in Phx. to help with picts and purchase. I used Intercity transport, they haul Jackson-Barret vehicles. They were a bit high on cost but they are, in my opinion hands down the best. I was planning to drive this summer and just fix mechanical issues but top coat of paint is chalked and cracking so I am biting bullet and trying to get it done. I lived in Phx during 70's-80's and took these old boys for granted. I had a 50 gmc, 55 chevy tow truck and a 59 chevy flatbed. Miss the tow truck the most. I guess I am getting chance to grab another ole pick up.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,636
Take the front clip off. If you don't you'll have a lot of weight hanging from just a few small bolts. And it's not that hard to take the front clip off.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0