The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
I have an 87 Full size 4X4 1/2 ton pick up thats going to have a built 250 engine in it. The engine is already done by a top notch machine shop. Has a mild cam, .040 over as the walls were too worn for .030, balanced, short dished pistons, decked block, and milled head with ARP bolts and slightly larger intake valves, 1.84s with boss honed intake ports. Should run really well. He did a 250 for the shop truck a few years back. Its a screamer but got 21 mpg. I have an Offy 4 bbl intake like he had with a Holley 1850 for it. The problem is that the carb mounts sideways and this won't work for my 700R4 trans TV cable. Does anyone make an adapter to make it mount front wise? I have the special hook up for the trans cable on the carb I bought. It was an extra part I bought here in Oregon. Just need to mount it so the trans will shift properly. This carb was recommended by the machine shop. They build engines from stock to $70,000. They are working on a 598 cu.in. Chevy big block that will put out 1,000HP! I have seen it twice. What an engine! They do a lot of high dollar stuff. One of the best in the state. They are excellent with inline engines! Anyhow I would appreciate any info or should I go to a machine shop to have one made?

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
Dodge made one for the early military power wagons with 3" centers that turns the carb 180 degrees also some of the gleaners combines that used GM motors used a similar peace. One of these adapters would not be hard to make from a block of T6 .


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0