The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810439 12/26/2011 6:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
Hi all,
I researched my literature and the net, but have not been able to find a definite answer on the wheel color for my '46 1/2 ton.
Phots show both: wheels in body color and wheels in black.
Which one is correct? Was that maybe an option?
Thanks,
Andy

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
The info I have shows that it was basically body color for the wheels. If the body was Mayland black it shows the wheels simply as "black" rather than Mayland black but black is black. The other colors it specifies the same as body color.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 196
Thanks Tiny!
That's what I thought. My cab etc is Swift's Red with black fenders etc..
So I think the wheels should red as well.

Andy

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 629
black is correct for all body colors. I painted mine body color which I believe is technically incorrect.

Last edited by Sheridan; 12/27/2011 2:43 AM.

Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
Let the judges take off all the points they want, the red rims (or any matching body color, just not black) will look sharp.

I just love old trucks that are black (gloss or satin) with red rims and wide whites with chrome smoothie hubcaps. Looks like a giant toy truck.


'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by Sheridan
black is correct for all body colors. I painted mine body color which I believe is technically incorrect.
The info I have for '46 shows body color as being correct. One caveat is my info is third party (not factory) so it could be incorrect.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/4648.htm

Black enamel - same as running board - standard color for wheels.

Body colors could be requested (for wheel color - as described at the link).

1946

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,321
Look at the web site again:
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/4648.htm
Under Running Boards & Wheels 2nd line says "Body Color When Requested". This tells me that points cannot be deducted for Body Color Wheels because this was a factory offering.
I have attached a sales Brochure from 1946. The truck is Green and so are the wheels. http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/harold146/?action=view&current=SalesBrochure1946.jpg


Harold
Is a restoration ever finished?

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0