The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (2-Ton), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
I bought a Chev BK pickup and would like to restore as new with the original type handles.
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of a source for repopped plastic inside door handles? Is it possible to rebuild them? Thanks, Don

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
what is a BK


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
I've seen a few plastic ones, but were just about completely gone with only a few bits of plastic hanging on. Not much demand for this item so doubt they would be reproduced. I'd just paint the pot metal ones to look like the plastic. I know of some military trucks that have been restored but very rare and had some odd parts. One had a huge glove box made of steel.
Seen also outside door handles that were stamped steel vs. pot metal.
Best of luck


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

BK might mean 1942 Commercial 1/2 ton (115" wheelbase)?

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/1929_54chevyparts/info/008.HTM

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Thanks for the replies. Yes,Indeed I have a 1942 half-ton Chevrolet pickup made when there was a rubber shortage: (leather gas tank fill pipe seal), lead shortage (cab posts have a weld bead where they should be leaded), chromium shortage(painted trim) and aluminum shortage (steel Id plate).Most people would just put all new shiny parts in it. I want it as it was. I believe one of my exterior door handles is pressed steel instead of potmetal. It's just so weird.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
dynodon, keep it original, as there are lots of modified trucks out there...and you have a unique bit of history there!
We all love pictures, so start posting! Good luck.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0