| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
174
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,268 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 | I have a 51 1/2 ton. I bought a replacement len for the radio. I started to peel off the plastic and the white numbers started to come off with the plastic. I need to know how do I peel off the plastic backing without removeing the numbers on the lens. Somebody please help | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | That is a real trap and it happened to me the first time I bought one. The lettering on the dial is actually on a plastic transfer. The end goes past one end and has some identification on it. It looks like a protective piece of plastic but it is the actual lettering for the dial. Don't pull it off, just cut the end off. I ruined one myself. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 | Got u glad I never peeled it all the way off. On the other hand the lettering is too high when I set the lens into the houseing 1/3 of the lettering its covered by themiddle part of the houseing. Back at where they make these they stuck the sticker alittle high. Ill call classisparts on Monday about returning it. Thanks trucknix for your input it answered my question | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 | Well it turns out classicparts sells the lens this way. the guy I talked to looked in the back and said all the replacement lens r alittle high. Abybody here run into this problem? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | The problem is called "Made in China". | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I made a lense transfer for another radio one time. However, it was red on clear. The truck Chev lense is white on clear but the GMC is red on clear. I made up my graphic and printed it out on a clear plastic label. The labels that they sell for envelopes come in opaque white and also clear. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Must be a bad batch, I've used the replacement dial lens on several radios and they were ok.
DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 2,557 | The one I bought was totally numbered wrong,nothing like my original.I think Chevs of the40's sells the correct numbered one.I ended up buying a good used one from Bill on this site.
Tim 1951 3100 Chevrolet1951 Chevrolet Suburban CarryallImage"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 | Many times I've restored the original lens with Brasso, if there is heavy scratches they can be removed with sand paper and then finished off with Brasso | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 | Bill do u have one for sale? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | Just in case anyone runs into this one, the calibration of the 47 to 50 dial is quite different than the 51 to 53 so the dials are different. If you get the wrong one, the fit will be fine but the stations won't align properly to the dial markings. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 171 | I beleive so ,let me know witch one you need | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 55 | bill I have an after market houseing I got for classic parts this will be going on a 51 ill send u a pm thanks | | |
| |
| |