Hi All,

I'm about to redo the bed wood in my 67 shortbed stepside. The old stuff was pretty hacked up and I took it all out a year or so back when I started my conversion to a blazer gas tank under the bed. In doing that I found that I would have to lose or alter one of the one of the 'cross sills' where the tank now sits due to the height of the tank. The plan is to cut up one of the original sill and use the ends of it where the bed bolts go and weld in a thinner bed reinforcement strip (like the one that goes over the rear axle) to clear the gas tank. Now finally to the question: how many sills and how many reinforcing strips were there from the factory? The only reference I have is an LMC catalog and they are showing 4 of the sills and one reinforcing strip, If that is correct then I managed to lose one at some point. I hate buying parts that I lost!

As always, thanks in advance!
-Richard


40 chevy 1.5 ton, 50 chevy 3/4 ton, 67 chevy stepside 1/2 ton, 67 C50, 68 C50, 73 chevy 4x4 3/4 ton, 2004 Silverado 1/2 ton , 2005 HD 3/4 4x4 Duramax (don't even get me started about my Oldsmobiles!)