The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (CandoBrent, Opelika Tom, Otto Skorzeny, TS3600, fonz8261, cmayna), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,281
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
I've searched the archives and Google both. Looks like either most or at least the type I have can't be taken apart to check, clean or replace the copper mesh. It's pretty nasty in there even after a gasoline bath. Unless someone divulges this well kept secret, the Dremel tool's gonna get a workout during surgery.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?


'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 201
Persistance pays, sort of. Think I've answered my own question when I found:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=552544&page=2

Out comes the cutoff wheel.



'69 1/2T stepside, Sea Foam Green, 250 L6 w/ 3 on the tree, not an option on it, in the family since new.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 940
Mine was full of dead bugs and other crap. I ended up gutting it and using a dry element so I could keep the look of an oil bath. http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6236/6286050234_968eb64773_z.jpg

I'll probably switch to the K&N they're using in the post you linked to once the cheap paper one I'm using reaches the end of its life. Its a cheapie Specter brand from Autozone and its supported by a rubber sleeve I picked up from the plumbing section of Home Depot.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0