| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#80274 07/23/2007 12:32 AM | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 82 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 82 | AT 3:30 Central time today, I got my 51 Chevy PU with a 235 up and running!! I could get it to start, roughly but not run. I re timed everything and then pulled the Vaccum advance line to make sure it was fine, well it wasnt, it had a 6 inch split in it. I plugged the carb port and had my 6 year old turn it over. It coughed, spewed some smoke and then roared to life!!! Scared my son half to death! Runs like a sewing machine. Thanks to all of you and the help that you give. What a rush. holy cow. | | |
#80275 07/23/2007 3:29 AM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 595 | post some pic's! should of had someone with a camera to record your 6 year olds face, that would of been a real keepsake for later when you had grandkids telleng them: and this is when your........! | | |
#80276 07/23/2007 3:44 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 39 | Great to hear....It gives the rest of us some hope that maybe someday...... | | |
#80277 07/23/2007 2:45 PM | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 82 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 82 | I did get some video of it running, but to be honest I didnt have a camera ready to begin with because I didnt expect it to work!!!
I will post a pic soon. | | |
#80278 07/23/2007 4:58 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Another great old truck reborn. Congratulations. Try to get 50 odd years out of today's new trucks. Ain't gonna happen! | | |
| |
| |