The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Phak1, Gdads51, kades51), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
AT 3:30 Central time today, I got my 51 Chevy PU with a 235 up and running!! I could get it to start, roughly but not run. I re timed everything and then pulled the Vaccum advance line to make sure it was fine, well it wasnt, it had a 6 inch split in it. I plugged the carb port and had my 6 year old turn it over. It coughed, spewed some smoke and then roared to life!!! Scared my son half to death! Runs like a sewing machine. Thanks to all of you and the help that you give. What a rush. holy cow.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
post some pic's! should of had someone with a camera to record your 6 year olds face, that would of been a real keepsake for later when you had grandkids telleng them: and this is when your........!

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 39
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 39
Great to hear....It gives the rest of us some hope that maybe someday......

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
I did get some video of it running, but to be honest I didnt have a camera ready to begin with because I didnt expect it to work!!!

I will post a pic soon.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Another great old truck reborn. Congratulations. Try to get 50 odd years out of today's new trucks. Ain't gonna happen!


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0