| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,099 Posts1,056,168 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 | In regards to the steering wheel assembly. I do not have a horn cap on top of my steering wheel. I do have the horn contact brush and spring. When I take a screwdriver and make contact with the steering column bolt and horn contact, the horn blows. That's good. My questions are, is the horn cap a compression fit over the hub of the steering wheel? When you honk the horn, is there a piece that makes contact with the horn contact in order for it to honk? Am I missing a piece? Thanks!
Thom Masterson
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Hey Thom. I am glad to explain, which is easier over the phone, than via e-mail. The horn button is a friction-fit into the cup, via a rubber grommet. Additionally, on the standard horn button, there is a spring steel disk, that sits in the bottom of the steering wheel, followed by the buttom cup, then the three-hole bolt circle plastic spacer and finally the horn button. Let me know if I can help you with any additional information. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 | Hey Tony -
I finally got the horn and horn button put together. Thanks for the direction.
Thom Masterson
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | | | |
| |
| |