The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, JW51), 115 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,167
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#800850 11/25/2011 11:07 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I thought I could just pull the bell straight off like newer trucks. Do I really have to pull the flywheel first or is there something I am not seeing?? Looks like i could with difficulty loosen the bolts but they'd back out only as far as the flywheel. Any thoughts appreciated----dave

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
You need to pull the flywheel.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Okay , thanks for backing me up on that!

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
I had to change both flywheels out on both engines as sell as bell housing switch --wasn't too bad, flywheels came off really easy and same on the bells. grin


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0